It’s your birthday, and you deserve to be spoiled – and thankfully, a lot of businesses agree.
Giving birthday freebies is a great way for businesses to reward loyalty, bring in new customers and maybe convince you to add a little extra to your shopping cart – along with that little birthday bonus, of course.
From discounts and vouchers to free goods, there is a surprisingly large number of birthday treats available to you, and in most cases, all it requires is a simple registration.
80 Australian Places to Find Birthday Freebies
Here are some of the best birthday freebies available to Australians, and how to get them:
Food and Drink Freebies
There is no reason to pay for a meal (or coffee or drink) on your birthday with all these amazing free birthday offers. You could dine out from breakfast to dinner and not spend a cent – anyone up for that challenge?
- Ali Baba: Join the Ali Baba Ultimate Rewards Club by asking in-store for a card. Register your card online, and along with earning points, you’ll be entitled to a free kebab on your birthday.
- Baskin Robbins: Sign up online with Club 31, and receive a “buy one scoop, get one free” voucher immediately. On your birthday, the rewards are even better – a free scoop of ice cream and a discount on a birthday cake. You’ll have a week to claim your birthday deal.
- Bondi Pizza: VIP club members for Bondi Pizza will be sent a birthday voucher on the first day of their birthday month. They’ll have a whole month to redeem their voucher for a free pizza! Signing up is as simple as filling in a quick online form.
- Boost Juice: The Boost Juice Vibe Club gives you a free smoothie or juice on your birthday. The date you visit the store will need to be the same as the birthday you have registered when you signed up. You can get a card in-store, or simply download the app.
- Chatime: Loyal-Tea Club members can either download the app or spend 50c on a card in-store, and pop in for a free drink on their birthday.
- Cheesecake Shop: In return for signing up, Cheesecake Shop members will get a voucher that gives them $5 off any cake, and then another $5 off a cake on their birthday.
- Cold Rock: The Cold Rock VIP club has a great deal for members on their birthday – signing up at any time will get you a “Buy One, Get One Free” voucher, but on your birthday you will be eligible for a voucher for a free ice cream and $10 off your birthday cake. VIP members are required to sign up 8 days prior to their birthday to be entitled to the free Cold Rock Ice Cream, and 35 days prior for the Cake Voucher.
- Gelatissimo: Club Gelato members get a free gelato on their birthday. It’s easy to sign up online, and then the app can be downloaded to streamline the process.
- Gloria Jeans: Sippers Club members will receive a free drink on their birthday, with the invitation arriving via email. The voucher can be redeemed in-store.
- Hard Rock Cafe: Members of the Hard Rock Café can claim a free birthday dessert with any entrée purchase with Hard Rock Rewards.
- Hakataya Ramen: Show your valid Australian ID and receive delicious, free ramen on your birthday!
- Hogsbreath: This popular restaurant offers membership to the Hog Squad for $19.90, which includes a free favourite meal on your birthday.
- Hungry Jacks: Like many fast food outlets, signing up as a Hungry Jacks member could score you free food on your birthday – in this case, a birthday Whopper.
- Jamaica Blue: Jamaica Blue offers a free slice of cake which is redeemable at any time during your birthday month. You’ll need to get a card and register beforehand, and you might be required to show ID to prove that it is your birthday month.
- Krispy Kreme: Subscribing to the Krispy Kreme newsletter will get you a free birthday gift – the coupon code is redeemable for a 4 pack of original glazed doughnuts in-store, or $10 off your next online order. To claim this offer, you’ll need to have been a member for more than 4 weeks before your birthday.
- Lone Star Rib House: If you’d like to celebrate your birthday with some Texan-style flavour, sign up to the Lone Star Rib House Birthday Club and receive a free meal if a second meal worth more than $8.95 is purchased. Unfortunately, stores in NSW and the ACT don’t offer this deal.
- Lord of the Fries: Join up to their VIP group, and along with perks like product taste-testing, you’ll be entitled to a free regular fries with your choice of sauce on your birthday.
- Montezuma’s: The Montezuma’s Gold Club offers a free meal on your birthday. You’ll need to purchase a second meal to redeem the offer, and you have to sign up in-store more than a month before your birthday.
- Mos Burger: Join the Mos Club newsletter and receive a free burger on your birthday.
- Mrs Fields: How does a free soft-baked Mrs Field’s cookie sound? Sign up to the Cookie Club and show some ID with your registered card on your birthday, and you can get a free cookie to help you celebrate.
- Muffin Break: Muffin Break Rewards offer birthday freebies Australia-wide. Sign up with either a card or an app, and if you register your details, you’ll be entitled to a free muffin. What’s more, you’ll have your whole birthday month to redeem it!
- Nandos: Signing up to the Nandos PeriPerks club will earn you a free regular meal on your birthday. However, you’ll need to be registered, and you also have to have a transaction in the previous 6 months to qualify.
- Noodle Box: The Noodle Crew program lets you earn rewards when you buy from Noodle Box, and on your birthday your card will automatically load with $10 worth of Noodle Dollars. You’ll have 7 days to use them.
- Oporto: The Oporto Flame Rewards program gives members a birthday gift that corresponds to their membership status. Members with Orange Status get a voucher for 10% off, Silver comes with 15%, Gold with a free single fillet Bondi Burger Meal and Platinum with $20 Flame Reward dollars. Members have 30 days to use their gift and will need to show both their membership app/card and an ID that confirms their birthday to receive it.
- Outback Jacks: The Outback Jacks Birthday Club offer a free main meal during your birthday month with the purchase of at least 2 main meals. If you book a table for your birthday, you’ll get an extra treat.
- T2 Tea–: T2 Tea Society club members can choose a time during their birthday week in store, and show their ID for a free full-sized takeaway cup of tea.
- The Pancake Parlour: If you would like a sweet treat on your birthday, join the Pancake Parlour’s Lovely Rewards program. Gluten-Free and Vegan options are available.
- Red Rooster– Red Rooster offers a similar birthday reward to Oporto – Members with Red status will get a 10% off voucher, Silver comes with 15%, Gold with a free classic quarter chicken meal and Platinum with $20 Red Royalty dollars. The deal is emailed on the morning of your birthday and expires after 30 days. You also need to show your ID to claim your reward.
- Salsas: Mex Club Members get a free burrito on their birthday! Sign-up is online and comes with other perks throughout the year.
- San Churro: Birthday churros? Sign us up! Joining San Churros El Social Club entitles members celebrating their birthday to 6 free churros and 2 dip cups, or a Churros Fiesta for $15 (which includes 18 churros and 6 dip cups). Members will need to have registered previously and have some ID showing it is their birthday along with their card or app. You have 3 days to claim your birthday treat – the day before, during or after your birthday.
- Shingle Inn: The VIP Inner Circle club for Shingle Inn gifts members a sweet treat on their birthday, as well as a free hot drink after signing up. You will need to go in-store to get your card.
- Spud Bar: Nothing beats a good spud! If you’re signed up to the Secret Society of Spud, you can claim a free birthday spud or salad off the menu, or create your own to the value of $13.40. You’ve got 3 days to claim – either your actual birthday or the day before/after.
- Sumo Salad: If you’d like a birthday salad, Sumo Salad will give you one for free! Sign up for free Sumo Society membership more than 14 days beforehand, and you’ll have 7 days from the date of your birthday to claim a free deli salad.
- Vapiano: Join the Vapiano VIP program, and you’ll receive an email 3 days before your birthday with a special birthday offer. It’s valid for 10 days – from the day you receive it, until 7 days after your birthday.
- Wokinabox: Pick up a Wok Wallet card from any restaurant, register it with your details, and on your birthday you will receive $10 Wok Dollars to spend over the next 7 days.
Feel like shopping in between all the free food. Check out these birthday shopping offers and save money on your big day!
- Dymocks: If you love books and love to be rewarded, Dymock’s Booklover Rewards program will help make your birthday special. Members get $5 credit loaded onto their account at the beginning of their birthday month.
- Ikea: Join the Ikea Family program and opt-in for emails, and you’ll get an email with a voucher for a free cake. Bring that voucher along with your rewards card and you’ll be celebrating in no time.
- Kikki K.: Fans of stationery should seriously consider signing up for Kikki K.’s member benefits program – along with a welcome email that includes a voucher, members will receive a surprise gift on their birthday.
- Lincraft: As well as regular benefits throughout the year, Lincraft members receive a $10 birthday voucher.
- Sheridan Outlet: Members of Sheridan Outlet’s VIP program will receive a “Birthday Card”, with a gift enclosed that can be used online or in-store. Once activated, you’ll have 14 days to use your gift.
- Smiggle: Smiggle members receive a small gift on their birthday! Just sign up online via the website.
- Spotlight: Become a Spotlight VIP, and you’ll receive a voucher for 15% off purchases.
- ADIDAS: Sign up to the ADIDAS newsletter and provide your details to receive a $20 gift voucher on your birthday.
- Anaconda: Anaconda offers a $10 reward on your birthday if you become an Adventure Club member.
- ASOS: Sign up with ASOS by creating an account and opting in for emails – and you’ll receive a 10% off promo code for your birthday month.
- Bonds: Bonds offer three different levels of membership, but every level will receive a $10 eGift card on the member’s birthday. The card can be used in-store or online.
- Ben Sherman: Register an account with Ben Sherman, and you receive faster checkout, a 15% off welcome gift – and a special discount on your birthday.
- Best & Less: The Best & Less Friends Club will send you a 15% discount on your birthday, but it’s not just for you – your friends and family can use the code as well! The code is redeemable in-store or online.
- City Chic: On your birthday (and for 14 days after), you can use your $20 City Chic birthday voucher at any store or while shopping online. You’ll just need to register for member benefits and opt in to their email communications before the big day.
- Cotton On: The Cotton On Perks program covers 7 brands, and you will be sent birthday gifts and other treats for signing up. Currently, the program is also offering a $10 voucher as a sign-up bonus.
- Country Road: Birthday discounts for Country Road rewards members are sent via email, and can be redeemed online or in store.
- Crossroads: Members will be sent a birthday voucher that is valid for 30 days, and can be redeemed on any full priced Crossroads items (with a $20 minimum spend).
- Glue Store: While you can access vouchers at any time by making purchases with member benefits, Glue Store will also send you a $10 voucher on your birthday if you are signed up to their members program.
- JAG: By signing up and providing birthday details, members will receive a birthday gift to redeem in JAG stores.
- Jeanswest: The Jeanswest Rewards program offers a $10 voucher as a birthday gift, with a minimum spend of $20. Members have 30 days to redeem their voucher on full priced items.
- Katies: Along with a $10 sign up bonus and points for each dollar you spend at any Katies store, the rewards program offer birthday vouchers to members that can be redeemed on full-priced goods.
- Mimco: All Mimco members receive a birthday voucher, but their level of membership determines the value of their birthday gift. Vouchers range from $10-$100. The vouchers are sent a few days before a member’s birthday, and they have 30 days to use them.
- Myer: Big spenders at Myer get rewarded on their birthday. The MyerOne program sends out birthday vouchers depending on the level of membership, which is determined by how much that person has spent at Myers. Membership starts from a $1500 spend and gifts range from $10 – $30.
- Rivers: The Rivers Loyalty Program means members who have entered their birthday details get $10 off a purchase after spending $30 or more.
- Rockmans: Rockmans VIPs have many discounts and perks available, but on their birthday they can look forward to a $20 voucher. The voucher can only be used on purchases of full priced items, with a $40 minimum spend.
- Saba: Saba members receive a birthday surprise voucher – the voucher must be used in their next transaction, and comes with a minimum spend of $25.
- Spanx: With just your birth date and an email address, Spanx are prepared to reward you. Enter your details to receive a surprise discount on your birthday, along with other bonuses throughout the year.
- Sportscraft: Members who sign up for the Sportscraft VIP program will receive a unique birthday voucher number and PIN number to enter into the Redeem Gift Certificate field when making a purchase. There is a minimum spend of $20 to redeem your voucher, and it will have to be used on full-priced goods.
- Swarovski: There are two levels of membership – paid and free. Both gift their members with a birthday surprise.
- Tony Bianco: Either provide your birth date on sign-up or let the staff know in-store in order to receive a birthday discount from Tony Bianco.
- Veronika Maine: Sign up to Privilege and provide your birthday details, and receive a $30 voucher.
- Witchery: Witchery birthday rewards depend on your membership level – the more you have spent as a member, the higher your reward. Witchery birthday vouchers range from $10-$100 depending on the membership level.
- Hoyts: By becoming a member of the Hoyts loyalty program and providing details of your birthday, you can receive a free movie ticket.
- Captain Cook Cruises: It sounds too good to be true, but you can enjoy a free cruise on your birthday! Sign up to Captain Cook Cruises email list and enjoy a free Sydney Harbour Coffee Cruise including morning or afternoon tea. You’ll need to be in Sydney, of course.
- Dendy Cinemas: Club Dendy offer a range of perks, including a $1 movie ticket during the week of your birthday and other birthday offers. There aren’t many locations, but if there’s one near you it’s worth signing up. Just present a valid ID.
- Taronga Zoo Sydney: Enjoy your birthday at the zoo – just present valid ID that shows your birthday, and you can enter Taronga Zoo for only $1.
- Zone Bowling: (formerly AMF Bowling) – Subscribers receive two free games of bowling on their birthday.
Health and beauty
- Amcal: The Amcal loyalty program lets you accrue points as you spend. On your birthday, you will receive a $5 voucher to spend on anything in-store.
- Benefit: These brow experts offer a free brow service in many locations such as Myer or Sephora. You’ll have to be a member with the stores to benefit (Such as MyerOne or Sephora Gold)
- Body Shop: The Body Shop rewards program will send you a birthday gift! Provide your name, email and birthday to receive a surprise on your birthday.
- Essential Beauty: Sign up to receive Essential Beauty emails and provide your birth date, and receive vouchers as a birthday gift.
- Mecca: Spend more than $300 in a year, and you’ll progress to the next level of membership with Mecca – Beauty Loop 1, 2 or 3. Each Beauty Loop level comes with a free birthday gift.
- Napoleon Perdis: Join the FOMO rewards program, and receive an email with a birthday reward to spend on their products.
- Priceline: Priceline’s Sister Club does have different levels of membership, but all members receive at least a $5 voucher on their birthday.
- Sephora-: The Beauty Pass program at Sephora gives you a level that’s dependant on your yearly spend. Every member gets double points during their birthday month (for purchases and reviews), as well as a free birthday gift for VIB or Rouge members.
Most store memberships will offer some kind of birthday bonus, even if they don’t specifically state that in their advertising.
If there’s a store you frequent, consider looking into their loyalty programs and the benefits you might receive from signing up. Enjoy receiving your free goods, and most of all – happy birthday!
Check out this article for more cool birthday ideas for grownups.